Principles and Course Philosophy at La Paz Language Academy
La Paz Language Academy is one of the most diverse language schools in the state of Texas. On a year round basis, La Paz provides foreign language programs for all proficiency level in:
La Paz also provides additional language programs for other Critical Languages.
La Paz Academy uses the most innovative language learning methods to help students of all ages and levels become independent learners and confidently communicate in the target language. All our language syllabi are based on the levels established by the “ Common European Framework”. Our textbooks follow the same frame of reference.
A typical instructor at La Paz Language Academy is a native speaker with years of teaching experience in this country and abroad. Because of the quality of our programs we tend to attract highly motivated students to our classes. Our guiding principle is characterized by an emphasis on communication, while at the same time promoting independent learning, leading the students to become self-reliant in ways that can be transferred to different domains. The Academy’s nearly one decade of successful programs rely on highly experienced instructors, continuous education teacher training courses, and the use of the methods such as The Communicative Approach, which emphasizes on communication through interaction that is meaningful to students. The Total Physical Response and the Audio-lingual Method are other methods used in our courses. Communicative Language Teaching and other approaches do not minimize the other skills such as reading and writing.
It is this comprehensive teaching that sets us apart from other languages schools. Our Methodology and programs attract students from all walks of life to choose La Paz Language Academy when they have a significant need to communicate in other language.
ADULTS- The Communicative Language Teaching Approach
- Emphasizes in the target language using real-life situations
- Uses high-interest topics, group work, role-play, interviews and games among other activities to present the target language in context and to stimulate conversation
- Views each aspect of language learning (grammar, conversation, reading, writing and listening) as a necessary support for the other students in the class
- Introduces new vocabulary and grammar skills throughout discussion- based activities and other interactive exercises to help students improve their communication skills
- Brings together classroom language learning and language activities outside the classroom to allow students develop confidence using the target language
CHILDREN- The Natural Language Learning Approach
- Teaches student the target language naturally, that is, in the same way the mother tongue is acquired, in line with how the brain learns and without explicit instruction.
- Relies on fresh, interesting, stimulating and meaningful language material
- Provides continuous exposure to fun and interesting language content through observation and practice: singing, dancing, and acting among other activities.
- Introduces limited grammar rules and tables.
- Engages students in positive setting to energize and stimulate the brain: listening to powerful narrated stories, participating in on line interactive activities, engaging in scene study and role playing